Friday, October 5, 2012

Mountain Trail Part 3

Here we are again. The other quiltalongs I've done have not all had one block, so if you are anxious, feel free to speed right to the finish. I'm going fairly slow cause I want everyone to join in even if they don't have a lot of time.
Last time you did a lot of cutting. It sounds like you are digging through your scraps! Yay!! That is how it should be. Now we will do a little sewing.

Stitch a red square onto the end of your dark strips. Four (4) for each block x 20 blocks mean you'll be sewing 80 little squares. Press away from the red.

Get your lights and cut:
(20)  1 1/4" x 2" rectangles
(20)  1 1/4" x 2 3/4" rectangles
(20)  1 1/4" x 3 1/2" rectangles
(20)  1 1/4" x 4 1/4" rectangles

To make it interesting use a  few different shades of "light" (pink, white, tan, blue)

Monday I'll post the final step to get your blocks made and your top together.

It's been an Alzheimer's week, so I'll have  a few "mom" stories and maybe a new quilt for AAQI next week!



11 comments:

  1. I really like how Mountain Trail is looking! Unfortunately I didn't start along when you began the QAL... and now I wish I had! I'm going to print the instructions you have given, so I can add this project to my long list of to do's! Oh goodness, there just aren't enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun project. Perhaps I should dive into my scraps and make one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been fun digging in the scraps! Your QAL are so do-able!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great instructions, Lori, and thanks for going slow - seems I always have more than I should do, but this was such a fun, fun way to use some of those smaller scraps from the shoe box!! It was fun just mixing up - vintage, repro, modern etc!! Looking forward to seeing every one else's!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, i've been enjoying this one too and have been able to find some tiny gems in the scrap basket that i didn't remember that i had.
    i also appreciate the slow pace as i never remember how much i have to do until the deadline(s) loom~!

    thank you.
    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready to move on this. Can't wait to see it come together. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great block...will have to go back for the measurements!! Thanks Lori!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  8. That block looks like fun! Will be fun to watch this come together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always fun to join in on one of your quilt alongs. It's a good thing you're taking this one slow! I have everything cut, but nothing sewn. It's been YeARs since I've done a log cabin of any kind, so this is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been a quick in and out lurker for too long! You deserve comments for all the beautiful stuff you've been posting lately! This is a really cute project and appeals to the scrappy piecer in me that has been doing WAY to much hand applique lately! Your cherry applique quilt that you are quilting is going to be stunning! Yes, it is finally getting cool enough here to consider hand quilting again. Your Halloween cat is nice as well...that would be a sweet project for someone (me...) that is sneaking gently into using wool. Thanks for all the inspiration (even when I pop in and out with no comments!).

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lori,

    I sewed up a little top based on your instructions, and should get it hand quilted in the next week. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Here's mine -

    http://spiralj2.blogspot.com/2012/10/mountain-trails.html

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!