Monday, December 10, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

I'm sorry I do not have any quilting to show. I'm working on appliqueing borders on my Porch Quilt, so showing a long vine would really put us all to sleep! lol I've been preparing for Christmas, trying to enjoy each moment. It is fun to revisit quilts and decorations I've made in the past.
I made this one last year, but it is in a prominent place this year. It's the first thing you see when you walk in the front door.

I  picked up this reindeer ornament from the Scandinavian fair a few weeks ago. The woman making them was walking around chatting and braiding. I was duly impressed!!
My cat got his pants changed to red again and he fits right in.

Second Sunday of Advent.
Trying to get the timer on the camera, this was the best I could do. We had our business Christmas dinner last night. It's always a fun time with our small group. Dinner and company was great.

This week I went to a Christmas Card making party. I'm not crafty like that, but it was so much fun and now I have some hand made cards to send out this year!!  Have a fantastic week.

PS Three of my AAQI have sold. One more is left. Please considering purchasing this for a great cause!! Click on the title to check it out. Cinnamon Rolls.  Thank you so much.


23 comments:

  1. Your decorations are great! You look very pretty all dressed up.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post - love the little prim wallhanging. Congrats on your AAQI quilts. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is very lovely. Merry Christmas and a happy and full of quilts 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, your decorations are gorgeous---and I'm having a love affair with those stockings---they are the cutest ones I think I've ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love looking at your decorations! Especially fond of your primitive wall hanging that greets everyone at the front door!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pieces and I do have some of those patterns.
    I have an old stuffed cat that I never dressed, maybe I should make a santa outfit.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your decor!!! I too haven't been doing much quilting - but love, love this time of year!!

    Blessed Holiday Season!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what isn't to love that you showed, those stockings are as cute as can be, red pants on the cat, the santa quilt behind your tree, I want to come to your house for Christmas. I am in awe of people who make crafts like the reindeer, I have some done out of wheat. btw your header is fab, love that star.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful, country prim decor at your house. Thanks for giving us a peak at your holiday surroundings.
    Great, fun shot of you and your DH! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your decor...and what a pretty couple in front of the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your 12 Days quilt! And the cat - darling.

    Nice picture of you and your husband. It's hard to do with a timer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so festive and fun and primitive! I just love it.
    The photo of you and the Hubs looks great. Your dress is so pretty.
    love the red and white packages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thoroughly enjoyed peeking in on your prim style. Love, love, love those stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the little reindeer ornament. I have to admire people who can do 3 things all at once. I know I sure can't! Your stockings are wonderful. Only a few days left before they get filled :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the shape of your stockings -- they look so neat and old-fashioned!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks great. I love the stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your reindeer ornament is adorable! Love to see everyones wonderful holiday decorations.:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got the "Cinnamon Rolls" -- I'll be honored to own one made by you and Kathie together, for a wonderful cause.

    Love all your primitive decorations--each one so special and unique, and together they're part of a warm, welcoming home.
    Happy Holidays, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your new header picture. A subtle holiday look.

    I haven't hung my Nativity quilt yet that is like yours. I need my husband to hang it over the fireplace for me. Gee, those stockings are nice. Very prim looking.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It all looks fun and inviting.Merry Christmas Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picture of you and Cory!! You look fabulous! Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All so festive - enjoy your holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your decorations.
    Thanks for entering our contest and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!