Monday, November 14, 2016

Vendors and Friends, Oh my!

 Here is the in-between shot of market closing down and vendors setting up. It was quite the process.
 I spent a chunk of change at this booth. Her website is Cotton in the Cabin but she sells mostly indigos online. Sandy and her husband were really fun!
 Liberty Homestead booth. Glenda is the designer and owner. What a peach!
 She was kind enough to let me take a photo. She had some pretty amazing antique quilts in her booth.

Here's a little of what came home with me. I did mail a small box since I was doing only carry-on. The upper left is fabric by Paula Nadelstern- she generously donated to the education staff. The center framed stamps backed in madder is from my friend, Laurie. The linen and bicycle came from L'Atelier D'Isabelle . And the little purse and wool on the right came from Mary Flanagan Woolens. Her and her husband were so kind. I really want to purchase from people who are good hearted and friendly. There is too much competition for me to purchase from rude designers who insist on bashing their customers on their blog. (no matter how popular they are!)

I know many of you have seen these photos, but I want to show them again! It was fun to meet up with old friends and finally meet many I've only known online! In no particular order.....


 Vicki was in the sampler class. My stomach was growling and she offered me her food! LOL It was great to put a face to the name!
 Tanya sent me a message and I snuck to her classroom door to meet her.
I haven't seen Bonnie since I was in Quiltville in NC. It was short and sweet but at least we got a real life hug!
My friend Connie from PA was in Houston. I met her through my dear friend Jill, who passed away from cancer. I was thrilled to hear she found her prince and is happily married to him! (Look at that great antique  quilt behind us!)

 My friend Laurie from Washington was here for the week. The first night we went out and raised a little ruckus at Guadalajara's! (yum!)
 Then later she insisted we get our photo taken in front of the longhorn!
 Here is Kevin. My first words to him were, "You are a lot taller than I thought you'd be!". Yea, nice to meet you too Lori! LOL
And my new friend and roommate, Debbie from Victoria, TX. We laughed every night about everything. We chatted into the wee hours and found out we have so much in common. She made the week much more interesting, that's for sure!

Make it a wonderful week!


9 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cotton in the Cabin, yep, I dropped a bit there, bad influence, you are. And I love Julie from Pique, great quilts, sweet woman. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about spending your money with " nice" designers, I was at a large national show and I asked for help finding a pattern for a piece that was displayed- the designer was curt and rude- sorry to bother you. I took my $ elsewhere. I'm sure it's a long day but if you love what you are doing, it shouldn't be so awful that you can't be at least courteous, if not friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would be on system overload in some of those booths! So much temptation--I would need to leave the credit card at home. : )
    How fun to meet up with all of these good people. Your smile speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love to see the quilts on booths ! I'm glad you spent a wonderful time in Houston and met several friends !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a wonderful fun post.. i felt like i was there with you!! I'm so glad you got to catch up with Laurie.. i can only imagine what mischief the two of you got up to LOL!!! Love the framed quilting stamps!
    What a bonus to be paired up with such a sweet roommate too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this peek! Sure would love to look through all of those antique quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures, Lori! I agree with you, I don't like rude vendors, too. A kind word from a vendor, makes people feel tempted to spend time and money.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Greetings from Sicily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like such a wonderful time! I've had a couple not so pleasant experiences with a popular designer, who also does some customer bashing. There are plenty of great designers with equally great attitudes for us to support.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!